Saturday, January 4, 2014

Review: MAC Paint Pot in 'Bare Study'

Today's review is of a product I've been lusting after for a few years but simply hadn't gotten around to purchasing! It's MAC's 'Bare Study' paint pot:
I became obsessed with paint pots when I made my very first MAC purchase about 5 years ago. Let us reminisce! In that purchase were the following products:
-eyeshadows 'Woodwinked' and 'Mulch'
-'Angel' lipstick
-paint pot in 'Rubanesque'
I was hooked. Not only on MAC, but on that beautiful peachy color 'Rubanesque.'  It made eyeshadows I put on top of it look phenomenal and my eyeshadows stayed crease free all day long (a new feeling and look for my uber oily eyelids!). Since then I have repurchased the color Rubanesque but have also gotten hooked on UD Primer Potion as a primer so I have strayed from my paint pot lovin' ways. Until now.....
I love how paint pots come in this little jar! So cute! The jar is glass and the lid is breakable so be careful to not drop this lil guy!  Unscrew the cap, and....
Gahhh so pretty :) Bare Study is a nude beige color with a golden sparkle. In other words, it's a champagne color. It's gorgeous. I like to simple dip my phalanges right into paint pots but if you're not down with the germs and bacteria you might want to consider using a brush to apply.
The paint pots are a creamy consistency but dry to a nice and vibrant finish. When they do dry, you can put eyeshadows on top of them and the paint pot will act as a primer. Just make sure the layer you put on your eyelid is nice and thin otherwise you may have a creasing issue as this is a creamy product. What's awesome about paint pots is not only are they priming your eyes for some shadow, but they can also add some definition and fun to the eyeshadows you put on top! Behold the magic:
Here we go folks: The color on the left is a matte brown from NARS Portobello eyeshado duo. The color right next to it is the same matte brown but on top of the Bare Study paint pot. You see how now it has some nice shimmer to it? Pretty cool, eh? That pretty blue shade is a shadow from NARS Habanera eyeshadow duo. The color on the farthese right is that same blue shadow on top of Bare Study paint pot. The color is a bit more sea foam green when its on top of the paint pot color! Pretttyyyyy.
MAC paint pots retail for $20 for 5g of product. This stuff lasts a long time too! I've had my newest Rubanesque paint pot for over a year and it has just now begun to dry up. Because of the creamy consistency, these won't last forever, but it takes so long to use em that you'll get lengthy use out of 'em.
I think the $20 price tag is well worth the product you get. A beautiful pigment with priming capabilities and did I mention you can wear this on its own as a gorgeous lid shade? Cuz you can :)

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment