Thursday, August 22, 2013

Review: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

My new makeup obsession as of late has been finding an amazing concealer.  Concealer is a product that I have yet to find my 'holy grail, this fixes everything, oh my god why haven't I found this product sooner,' product.  I know that there are a ton of great high-end concealers that will get the job done (the 'job' in my case is fixing some glaring under eye circles!), however before I make the splurge, I wanted to check out some drug store concealers first to see if I can find a good quality one for a fraction of the price. Enter Maybelline Fit Me Concealer:
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #15 'Fair'

I've heard some pretty good reviews about this stuff so I decided to give it a shot.  The packaging is quite nice. The tube is a shiny plastic but doesn't necessarily feel cheap and the wand closes nice and tight in the tube.  The wand is very long so it seems like I'll be able to get every last use out of this product.  
I chose the color 'Fair' because it has more of a pink rather than yellow undertone to it compared to the lightest shade in this collection.  Yellow toned concealers typically don't blend well on my skin and the pink tones have a pleasing brightening effect. 
To apply this product, I put 3 dots on my under-eye area.  One dip into the tube was all I needed to do this:
Top: No concealer under eyes, Middle: 3 dots applied, Botton: Concealer blended in with finger
The consistency of this stuff is great.  Not overly thick so it looks cakey, but not so thin and fluid that I felt like I was just rubbing this over my face.  I used my finger to blend this in under my eyes because I think the warmth of my fingers helped blend this into my skin and pores. 

I really liked the finish this gave my under eye area. It definitely conceals my dark circles better than any other concealer I have used so far.  As for wear time, this stuff needs retouching after about 10 hours.  I wore this all day at work and it still looked great after I was done.  After winding down at home, though, my dark circles started peeking through.

Overall, I like this concealer quite a bit.  For the price ($7 at Walmart), I think it did a great job at concealing my under eye area.  I do want to try out some different brands and fiddle with high end products at department stores because I'm positive I can find an even better one, but for now, this concealer is great for getting the job done.

What are some of your favorite affordable concealers?

No comments:

Post a Comment