Friday, August 23, 2013

Review: NYX Lipstick in 'Blush'

I am a lipstick snob. There, I said it! But seriously, I am extremely picky about my lipstick.  I need the color to last because I HATE touching up and worrying about smearing, feathering, or color transfer.  I need the lipstick to taste good because curse the day I buy a product that ends up tasting or smelling like waxy, artificial nastiness (L'Oreal lipsticks I'm talkin to you!).  The lipstick better be moisturizing because I refuse to deal with my lips ending up dry and flaky by the end of the day. See? I told you... Lipstick Snob.
I love trying new products but am always worried I'll just be let down.  I went out on a limb at Ulta a while ago and decided to pick up a NYX lipstick.  NYX is an inexpensive brand so I figured hey, if it doesn't work it's not a huge loss.
NYX lipstick color 591A 'Blush'
I decided to go with this bright pink color because I didn't have anything like it in my collection.  Also when I swatched this color in the store, it showed up looking quite wearable and pretty rather than in your face pink.  
The packaging of this product is okay.  It comes in a black plastic tube that looks sleek but is very light.  It doesn't necessarily feel very luxurious like a YSL or Chanel lipstick, but you're certainly not paying for the packaging when you buy a $4 lipstick.  
The consistency of this lip product is extremely pigmented and creamy. I was so impressed and surprised! This color can either be washed over the lips for a barely there, balmy color, or you can put it on straight from the tube for full saturation and a color punch. Ka-pow! Also this lipstick has no scent which I love! 

As you can see, when I put a light wash of this color on my lips by dabbing the lipstick on, the color comes off as quite natural and yet covers up some of my freckles on my lips.  When I applied the lipstick full color, it looks very creamy and does NOT settle in to the fine lines of my lips. 

As for the wear time of this color, I get about 2 hours of wear before needing to reapply. That's not so long but it doesn't fade in an unflattering way.  It just kind of slowly fades evenly with out feathering or smearing onto your skin.  

I'm not thrilled about the short wear time with this lipstick but otherwise I think this was a great find and I'm excited to purchase more colors from this NYX line! For only $4 a tube (and NYX is often BOGO!), this lipstick is at a quality much higher than what you pay for.  
Wearing NYX lipstick in 'Blush'
I completely recommend this lipstick so grab it or any other NYX lipsticks when you see em!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment