Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Review: Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip

Sephora comes out with these value kits every couple of months, it seems! I was excited to try this lip kit out as it comes with 1 full size product and very neutral shades. Here are my thoughts on this little box of goodies!
The little box comes with the deluxe samples inside. The Smashbox lipgloss is actually a full size product! 

From left to right: 
Smashbox Be Legendary lip gloss in 'Pout'
Bite Beauty 'Meritage'
Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer in 'Kissability'
Buxom Full On Lip Cream in 'White Russian'
NARS 'Orgasm'
Urban Decay Revolution lipstick 'Naked'
Swatched on my lips are in the same order (upper left, upper right, middle left...etc) as the list above and swatches on my arm.
My favorite product out of the bunch was the BITE lip pencil in 'Meritage.'  I found the color to be very flattering and the pencil to be extremely hydrating and lovely to wear. The color wore off after about 5 hours of wear (including eating and drinking) and wore off in a flattering way. I also REALLY enjoyed the Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in 'Naked.' It was a bit heavier than the BITE pencil but had a longer wear time. The color is quite a neutral pretty pink.

As for the glosses, I really enjoyed the Buxom lip cream. This lip gloss is a lip plumper so it has a very minty and cool feeling on the lips followed by a tingly sensation.  The color is nice on top of other lipstick, otherwise it is not noticeable on bare lips. I also enjoy NARS 'Orgasm' in the summer and spring for an easy breezy look. This gloss has some pigment to it so need to layer this product up.

As far as misses, I really don't see myself wearing the light Smashbox color. Though nice the product is full size, I think that it is too milky and rather unflattering on me. The Marc Jacobs gloss also barely showed up at all even though the little tube looks like it is packed with glitter. Such a disappointment!

Anyhow, this kit was $25 and I do recommend trying these kits out when they come out at Sephora if one or two products in the kit interest you. They are a great way to try out some products for a steal.

xxSJ

1 comment: