Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in 'Victoire'

I received another Dior 5-couleur palette for Christmas this year and I'm so in love! Santa knows that I am on hot pursuit of pretty purple eyeshadows and that my other Dior palette in the color 'Grege' (check out that review here) is one of my go-to eye looks.  I received this luxury palette in the color 'Victoire:'
Stunning. Seriously, stunning. Dior has changed the packaging slightly since I bought my last palette. The casing is slightly thinner and lighter.  It honestly feels a bit cheaper, which is a bit of a let down, but I do like that the palette is a bit sleeker now for traveling or stashing in your purse.  The full size mirror on the inside is plenty sizable for using on the go and the brushes included are a sponge tip applicator and then small duo ended 'brush' of not so good quality. 
'Victoire' is a purple-hued palette that leans cool toned and is really wearable.  I find Dior shadows to be soft to the touch while not kicking up too much powder. I think the pigmentation is perfect for my preferences being that it is easy to layer these products as well as blend them out. 
Here are the swatches on top of UD primer potion. From left to right is top left, top right, center, bottom left, bottom right.  The way the palette is supposed to work is that the top 3 colors work as a trio and the bottom 3 colors work as a trio.  I prefer to just do whatever I want but it is helpful for there to be some method to the madness if you need some direction.  
The top left color is a gorgeous purple taupe that I find quite unique. It is a versatile shade that could be used on the lid or in the crease. The top right shade is an opalescent white shimmer. I like this shade as I think the glitters are quite striking and it works wonderfully as an inner corner highlight. The center shade is a really nice satin grayish plum color that reminds me of a deeper version of colour pop's Bill.  The bottom left is a satin pink color that I was disappointed in when I swatched it, but on the lid I found the color to lean more pink (whereas the swatch appeared very stark white).  The bottom right shade is a stunning matte eggplant shade that I found surprisingly easy to blend and work with despite its high pigmentation.
The eye look I created used all of the colors in this palette. No other shadows were used! I applied the middle shade in my crease as my transition shade and I packed the light pink color all over my lid concentrating on the inner third. The upper left shade was packed on the outer third of my lid and blended a bit into my outer crease for depth.  The bottom right color was blended into my outer v to darken the look up a bit.  I used the white color on my brow bone and inner corner.  I also used the middle color and deep eggplant color under my lower lash line.
I really love this palette as I think the purples inside are easy to work with and very wearable.

These palettes are $62 for 0.21 oz of product.

xxSJ

1 comment: