Saturday, May 7, 2016

MAC Eyeshadows: Brule, Malt, Haux....and new MAC Rewards Program!

It's been a minute since I've placed an order with MAC or even browsed their website. I was drawn to their web page after receiving an email from the brand telling me to claim my 'Anniversary gift.' Say whaaaaaaat????  Turns out I joined MAC's new reward program a year ago and its totally legit. At the most basic, bottom tier level, you get a free eyeshadow once a year (your choice of colors in store and online you get a choice from their top selling shadows, a $16 value). While browsing the website, I discovered that MAC offers free shipping to the US with ANY order, no minimum, AND all eyeshadow refill pans are now only $6. I'm guessing this was either done to be more competitive with brands like Makeupgeek ($7 pans) or because MAC is doing a reformulation and is pushing out old stock. We shall see if the new price tag sticks! 
For my free eyeshadow, I chose the satin cult favorite, Brule. It came in a little 'Adore You Reward You' cardboard sleeve. Well done, MAC! I also got pans of the colors, 'Malt' and 'Haux' to pop into my z-palette. I highly recommend pans as they are less cumbersome when you can open a palette full of 12-20 colors and do your whole eye look from there rather than be digging through and opening multiple containers for one look. I do love getting more special colors that I know I'll want to travel with in pot form so I can take my z-palette with my basics as well as my pots of special colors. 
Top to bottom: Brule, Malt, Haux
Brule is a satin shade and is a creamy, bisque color. It is a tanner, yellower, cream shade that I love for packing all over my lid as my base. 'Malt' is a color I got hoping to dupe my current favorite shade in the UD Naked Smokey palette, Combust (more on that below!). Malt is a neutral pink shade that shifts a bit purple orange. 'Haux' is a medium purple brown. 
Above is 'Haux' swatched next to Lorac's Unconditional from the Unzipped Palette and UD Nooner from the Naked 3 palette. It is definitely a more unique color and I've been loving putting this color in my outer V to deepen a neutral eye look. 
Here is 'Malt' next to UD Combust from the Naked Smokey palette, UD Limit from the Naked 3 palette, and Stila Understanding from the Eyes are the Window palette in Mind. Malt is a bit warmer than Combust and a bit less gray, but I think the colors are pretty close. As you can see, Malt is far less pinker than UD's Limit which I think makes it a more versatile transition color.
Here is an eye look I've been doing with just these 3 colors from MAC! I lay Brule down all over my lid and hit my browbone hard for that highlighted effect. Then I buff Malt into my crease and add Haux in the outer V for some extra depth. I tightline my lashes with some brown eyeliner and add some mascara and voila! That's it for a simple, professional look that took all of about 2 minutes. I've also loved adding rose golds, taupes, and pinks to the lid for some extra pizzazz, but just these 3 colors are definitely enough for a complete eye look.

Check out MAC to get a great deal on cult eyeshadow faves! Again, pans are only $6 each right now with free shipping, no minimum!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment