Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sample Round-Up! YSL, Tarte, Sephora, Clinique, and Dr Brandt!

This week's Sample Round Up was a super fun one! Here's what I got to try out for free:

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
Full size price: $42 / 0.1oz
Sample value: $21 / .05oz
I got a ton of use out of this card filled with three different shades of YSL's cult classic Touche Eclat. I actually really enjoyed this stuff quite a bit! I don't think I'll ever be splurging on it strictly because of the huge price tag, but I definitely think this made me look more awake after applying it to my undereyes!

Clinique Even Better Foundation in 05 Neutral
Full size price: $27 / 1oz
Sample value: $10.80 / 0.4oz
I'm lucky I have a pretty decently neutral skin tone so this foundation sample wasn't a complete waste on me. I do think it was a bit too dark for my taste but I did actually enjoy this foundation quite a bit. I felt it gave sheer to medium coverage and I love that it has SPF 15 in it. This foundation wore well for a full day of work on me and I might be interested in color matching to my true shade and purchasing this foundation in the future. I think Clinique prices their foundations well and are a bit less expensive than other high end brands.

Left: my Left undereye concealed with YSL Touche Eclat in No1, Center: both undereyes concealed with YSL Touche Eclat No1, Right: Clinique Even Better Foundation applied to entire face

Sephora Instant Moisturizer
Full size price: $23 / 1.69oz
Sample value: $2.30 / 0.169oz
I really like this moisturizer! It is a bit thicker than my usual Aveeno moisturizer and I think it does an amazing job at smoothing out my face. My skin loves this stuff and I didn't notice any irritation while using it. I would definitely sample this product further.

Tarte LipSurgence in 'Exposed'
Full size price: $17 / 0.27oz
Sample value: $3.15 / 0.05oz
I do not like lip gloss very much anymore and this gloss is no exception. This gloss is ultra sticky and never loses that stickiness with wear. I had to take this off almost immediately because when I went outside on a bit of a blustery face, my hair was getting stuck to my lips and then pulling this product every which direction across my face! The color is a nice neutral dusty pink, but the formula isn't worth it to me.

Dr Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer
Full size price: $45 / 1oz
Sample value: $11.25 / 0.25oz
I really liked this primer and felt it did a great job at smoothing out my pores and fine lines (whatever fine lines a 24 year old has, that is). I also LOVE that the sample is so huge! I surely will get about a month's worth out of this tube of product as I only use enough to go on and around my nose and between my eyebrows which are my real problem areas as far as large pores and old acne scars I want to smooth out. This primer is a nude color and has some slip to it, but nothing like Benefit's Porefessional or the Smashbox Photo primer. I will definitely continue using this sample!

Total value of this week's samples: $48.50

Wowzers! That's a lot of moolah worth of makeup this week and 4 out of the 5 products I enjoyed using quite a bit.  Check out what samples you might have lying around your makeup stash! You might just find something you like!

xxSJ


No comments:

Post a Comment