Monday, April 1, 2013

NOTD: Essie's 'Topless and Barefoot'

Neutral nail polish mania continues!  My quest for the perfect neutral nail continues today with Essie's 'Topless and Barefoot':
Please don't judge my dry cuticles! As you can see, this color is a lot more tan than Orly's Prelude to a Kiss or OPI's Bubble Bath but I kind of love that. This is an obscure reference, but the color reminds me of the frosting on top of a Brown Cinnamon Sugar Pop Tart. Anyone? Anyone?
I think this is a very beautiful neutral color and its actually my favorite I've tried so far. It's darker than my skin tone so it still shows up as 'color' on my nails rather than blending in with my skin completely which is not such a good look...kind of makes your fingers look a tad stumpy.  Ain't nobody got time for dat!
 The application of this color was great too. Perfect consistency for an easy application and it was completely opaque in only two coats.
I give this neutral an A+!

xxSJ


No comments:

Post a Comment