Sunday, April 28, 2013

OOTD: '42' Movie Premier and Afterparty!

This is a very late post but I had the opportunity to go to the '42' premier and after party a couple weeks ago! Here is what I wore for this awesome event:
Black jeans are from Banana Republic, sheer white top from Forever21, black purse from Coach, and nude/gold metallic heels from Seychelles.
All topped off with some pretty curls and neutral eye makeup for a polished look :) The lip color I'm wearing is 'Syrup' by MAC. Such a pretty color!

The movie played at the Chinese theatre on Hollywood Boulevard and the after party was down the street in an empty lot behind the El Capitan theater. It was decorated to look like Ebbet's Field, the Brooklyn Dodgers old home field way back when!

The entrance to the party. You can see on the ground how there was carpeting making it look like a baseball diamond.
A jersey worn by Jackie Robinson. Sooooo cool!
The movie was AMAZING and I recommend you check it out! It not only served as a great lesson in American history, but the tale was inspiring. I found myself rooting harder for Jackie than I've rooted for a hero in a long time while watching a movie!
I had the honor of meeting Chadwick Boseman at the afterparty, the actor who played Jackie in the film. He was a very humble and nice gentleman making me recommend the movie further. Its nice to meet celebrities who are genuinely nice individuals :)

Go check out 42 if you haven't already! You won't regret it.
xxSJ



No comments:

Post a Comment