Saturday, June 22, 2013

NOTD: China Glaze 'Highlight of my Summer'

Here is another nail of the day post for all you nail polish lovers out there!  Today's color is loud and proud:
This is 'Highlight of my Summer' from China Glaze's summer 2013 Sunsational collection. The only way I can think to describe this color is neon mint. It's so awesome and simply perfection for the summer time. 
It looks great in the sun, in natural lighting, fluorescent lighting, you name it! I noticed at night when I was driving that my nails almost looked glow-in-the-dark... that's how neon we're talkin' with this polish! But hey, for the summer, if it's not neon then it shouldn't be on! 
The application of this color was pretty easy. The creamy formulation was the perfect consistency and very opaque. Two coats was plenty to make sure there weren't any sheer spots. The only qualm I have with this color is that it chips fairly easily. The pictures I took were on the second day of wear and there was already noticeable chippage. It's too bad because I would totally love to rock this green for days on end!
I believe this color is a close dupe for OPI's 'Gargantuan Green Grape,' so I would pass on this if you already have that color! This color is not in China Glaze's permanent collection so get it while its still in stock! 
China Glaze nail polish is $8 a bottle and can be found at Ulta beauty stores. 

Also the name of this polish totally reminds me of this song. Enjoy! 



You'll always be my THUNDERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Nostalgic yet? Bringin' back senior year of high school memories!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment