Friday, June 21, 2013

NOTD: OPI 'You're Such a Budapest'

After the whirlwind of graduation and moving, something finally lit a fire under my toosh to start posting again! The spark? This beautiful nail polish I was wearing today:
This pretty purple from OPI is called 'You're Such a Budapest' (I see what you did there OPI!!) and it is from the Euro Centrale collection.  This purple is periwinkle toned and has some very minimal blue microshimmer in it that reflects in the sunlight. Soooooo pretty!
Here it is in slightly different lighting:
This is the first makeup/beauty item in a while that I've gone on a wild goose chase after. I have so much nail polish that I really don't need another bottle...something about this purple really struck me, though! After finding it at one of my local Ultas, I visited and revisited this until I finally decided to make the purchase and I'm glad I did! It's the perfect summer color and different than other purples I own. It also looks great against my pale skin and will look just as beautiful if I gain a bit of color over the summer (wishful thinking on my part, I do declare!). 
Something I will say about the application of this polish is that it is quite thin and sheer. It is so watery in fact that the color starting pooling around my cuticles and there were some thin spots after two coats on the top of my nails. Merp-a-derp. I think the slightly tricky application is worth the beautiful pay off, however it's worth the warning that this color requires some diligence during painting!
If you want this color then get your hands on it soon! It is not in the permanent collection. 

OPI polishes can be purchased at Ulta and some drugstores for $9 a bottle. 

xx SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment