Monday, June 24, 2013

Review: Maybelline 'The Rocket' Volum' Express waterproof formula

Today was my first time using a new mascara that has gotten quite a bit of attention as of late. It is Maybelline's The Rocket mascara!
There's my lovely mug, free of eyeliner and mascara! I bought the mascara in the 'very black' color and the waterproof formula.  I heard that the waterproof formula was great for hard to curl lashes. 

Imma share a secret with you because we're on 'that' level: I have horribly straight eyelashes. My lashes are very long and fluffy but boy, they practically turn down over my eyeballs! They are so terribly hard to curl making them very good lashes to test out mascara with because if a mascara can get them to look good? Well then that's good stuff right thur!
First of all, I really like the container of this mascara... I know that's bizarre to say but the color is this really pretty indigo that I love! It's also very smooth and when you dip the wand into the tube, its a nice tight fit.  The wand concerned me at first because the bristles are VERY short.  The point of a plastic-bristled wand is to act as a comb for your lashes as it is depositing color. If the bristles are short, they won't be able to comb through the lashes very well.  Other than that I thought this was a very standard wand similar to the Covergirl LashBlast wands.  The wand is not curved.
Well it's time to test this puppy out!
Fluffy lashes :) As you can see, particularly in the second picture in the row, my lashes are holding curl! And you can see in the picture where my eyes are looking upward that the lashes are separated and not clumpy. Woot! 
I was able to put multiple coats of mascara on my lashes while avoiding clumps because this formula is not quick drying.  The formula isn't terribly wet though, which I like.  I didn't get any mascara on my eye makeup while applying, an issue that I have when using wet mascaras like Maybelline's The Falsies (a mascara I love for its false lash effect but at the same time I hate for the mess!).
The mascara didn't clump up at all through out the day and didn't have any fall out onto my under eye area.  Truly a waterproof formula after spending a day running around doing errands in a hot and humid environment! 
I seriously love this mascara. It made my straight unruly lashes look so nice and doll-like. I'm attending my sister's wedding in a few weeks so we'll see how 'waterproof' this formula truly is because there certainly will be tears shed!

I bought this mascara for $7.49 at Target and it can be found at any drugstore.  I definitely recommend it!
Officially a Rocket (wo)man!!!!

'I'm not the (wo)man they think I am at all oh no no no.... I'm a Rocket (wo)man!!!' A Maybelline Rocket woman ;) 


xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment