Thursday, July 18, 2013

NOTD: Butter London 'Fruit Machine'

Today's nail of the day is a favorite from Butter London's Sweetie Shop collection, 'Fruit Machine:'
2 coats, natural light
This polish is described on the BL website as a 'carnation creme.' I think that is the perfect description! This color is a blue-toned pink that I always refer to as a Barbie or Princess pink.  This color is super creamy (no sheen!) and applies very evenly for an easy application. It was completely opaque in two coats.
The only issue I have with this color is that it seems to chip rather quickly.  My top coat is getting old so perhaps I should blame it on that, but this color did not wear for as long as I would have liked.
I can see why this color was in the Sweetie Shop collection and why it was a favorite! It certainly looks pretty and 'sweet' enough to eat!

Butter London polishes are notorious for their high quality and for their carcinogen free formula.  They cost $15 a bottle which is pricey (particularly given that they have about an ounce less of product than other high end nail polishes, such as OPI).  The price is worth it if you are a nail polish enthusiast or if the color is not dupable. Otherwise I suggest finding a cheaper alternative to this pricey polish!

What do you think? Does Fruit Machine look like a color you would splurge for?
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment