Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Revlon's Lash Potion Mascara

Today's review is a new mascara by Revlon called the Lash Potion by Grow Luscious mascara.
I purchased this in the color 001, Blackest Black as I always do with mascaras to blacken my blonde lashes.  I also purchased the waterproof formula.
I'm going to be honest with you. I mostly purchased this because I LOVE the packaging. It's so pretty with the green, blue, and pink bubbly bottle.  And as a Harry Potter fanatic, any makeup product that claims to be a 'potion' I must have. You know, cuz I'm a wizard.  Anywho, I picked up this product with out doing much research because I love the packaging.
The wand is quite large and is a typical wire brush wand.  Typically I am very wary of these type of wands. I have little bitty eyes so big wands scare me as far as getting mascara all over my lids and under-eye area. Big wand=low control of the product.  I also usually have clumping issues with wire wands like this one since they do not have a combing effect on your lashes.
Skeptical of that wand! No mascara or eyeliner on me
I applied this mascara to my eyes after I had only put on some shadow. No eyeliner so you can truly see the effect the mascara has on my eyes!
Above: No mascara or liner, Below: Revlon Lash Potion applied to upper and bottom lashes
Here is the before and after shot! There is obviously quite the notable difference in volume and color of my lashes with this mascara applied, but of course, with my blonde lashes, many mascaras would have at least SOME effect.
I think that this mascara is great if you need to put mascara on fast. I noticed this formula is very quick drying which means you really can't layer it on as it will clump! One coat definitely does your eyelashes justice though.  Through out the day, the mascara didn't clump or fall off my lashes (hooray for waterproof!) and it was pretty easy to take off at the end of the day given the waterproof formula.
I like this mascara a lot and will continue to wear it, but I think I prefer my Maybelline The Rocket mascara for now.
This mascara was only $4.99 at Target so I think for the price, this mascara is definitely worth it and I will be wearing it again!
me likey!
If you want a pretty potion to add to your makeup battle station then pick this guy up! It's a good find.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment