Thursday, December 18, 2014

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powder 'Rose Gold'

Recently I took advantage of my Sephora shopping pass to get a product I've been eyeing for a while but couldn't justify getting on a whim! It is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powder in 'Rose Gold.' These pressed powders are known to be the most beautiful highlighters in the makeup world and I just had to get my hands on one to see what all the fuss is about!
The powder comes in a classic compact with brown rubbery casing and a silver top. The compact feels weighty in my hands and snaps closed with certainty. I love that this compact looks like a little UFO! Opening up the compact reveals the gorgeous powder within:
I chose the color 'Rose Gold' to go with my pinky pale complexion. Peachy pinks generally look best on my skin so that is why I chose Rose Gold over the cult favorite 'Opal' which is more of a light gold with opal undertones.  The powder is intensely soft like butter and richly pigmented. There is also a large mirror on the inside of the compact for touch ups on the go. 
The color swatches true to what you see in the pan and as I said, this stuff is pigmented! For a highlighter, I love this so you don't have to build layer upon layer of a product that should really be a finishing touch.  I've been applying this with a small tapered brush to the tops of my cheekbones and down my nose for an extra dewy effect--essential during these dry winter months to bring some life back into my skin!

This pressed powder is $38.00 for 0.28oz of product. I purchased this when I had a $20 off $50 shopping pass at Sephora and I probably wouldn't have splurged with out that extra help. I will say this product is definitely luxurious and I understand the hefty price tag. I will really enjoy this in Las Vegas and on my upcoming cruise for a little extra oomph for my makeup looks!

xxSJ

1 comment: