Saturday, December 27, 2014

Lorac 'The Royal Full Face Collection'

The next couple of posts I do are going to basically be a compilation of what I got for christmas this year as Santa was very kind to me in the makeup department! One of the things under the tree for me was this Lorac The Royal Full Face Collection from their holiday collection this year. I hadn't even heard of this particular kit and I was floored when I saw what was inside! But before we get to that, let's talk about the packaging:
The kit comes in a velvety hexagon shaped box with gold writing and decoration. Lorac's theme for their Holiday 2014 collection was Royalty hence the purple, gold, and all around luxurious feeling box. Inside the box are the goodies:
Packed inside the box are 4 eyeshadows, a blush, an eyeliner, a mascara, a lipgloss, and a lipstick. 
The eyeshadows included are 'Cream' from the Pro palette, 'Chai' and 'Espresso' from the Pro to go palette, and 'Honey.'  All the shadows are buttery soft and have awesome pigmentation. They work together to create a perfect brown smokey eye. 
I found 'Honey' to be the weak one from the bunch initially as it felt harder than the other shadows. I found it looked really pretty on the lid, however, and it seemed I just had to get past the first tough layer on top of the shadow to get to the buttery good stuff below. 
The blush included is 'Coral' from the Pro to go palette, a universally flattering peachy pink shade with some shimmer running through out. Use a light hand when using this because it is pigmented!
The lipstick is a a Lorac Alter Ego lipstick in the shade Duchess. It is a matte finish and is so creamy I was concerned about the texture it might have on my lips. However this lipstick is gorgeous on and my boyfriend commented that my lips looked particularly luscious when I wore it. 
The lipgloss included is in the shade 'Rose Lustre' and it is a pretty rose chalk full of glitter. This gloss is pretty sticky so it will last for a while on the lips and pairs well with the Alter Ego lipstick included in the kit. It smells very sweet, so keep that in mind if you don't like scented products.
 The Cobra Mascara is my least favorite item in the kit. This mascara made my eyelashes look really stumpy and clumpy and simply didn't work for me. The wand is an interesting shape that I couldn't quite figure out the best way to use.
The eyeliner included is a mechanical twist up liner in 'Ultra Black.' This liner isn't as black as some either kohl liners I have used but the staying power is pretty impressive. I will be using this for my lower lash line.

This kit is a Kohl's exclusive and was $40 for all these products.  I think that deal is pretty great considering the conglomeration of shadows you get that seem to be favorites from various palettes and the lip products are stellar. Get your hands on this while you can as it is a limited edition and seems to sell out fast!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment