Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sephora Favorites Superstars Collection

Once a year Sephora comes out with their famous Superstars kit--a box chalk full of everyone's favorite goodies for a discounted price. This year I was lucky enough to be gifted this by my sister so lets take a peek at what's inside! 
In this kit you get 12 products valued at $225 for the price of $75. That's a pretty phenomenal deal considering the products are all favorites. Some people have been grumbling about repeats from last year's favorites kit, and indeed there are a lot of repeats (Smashbox BB Cream, B&B Surf Spray, Josie Maran Argan Oil, NARS powder, UD eyeshadow, and Stila Eyeliner).  However, the reason there are repeats is because these products are STILL favorites!
Included are: 
NARS Orgasm blush: A cult classic, this peachy pink blush with golden reflects looks amazing on every skin tone out there. It was one of my first high-end blush purchases and I'm happy to own another.
Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: I have yet to use this but I hear its perfect for creating textured waves.
Smashbox BB Cream: The main complaint I have of this kit is the same I had last year... how can you include a foundation in one shade? I'm lucky that this shade happens to work with my skin tone and its a fine product, but its not really fair for other girls out there.
Josie Maran Argan Oil: This stuff works wonders on dry skin and dry hair.
Benefit Porefressional: This sample size is kind of a joke... this product is tiny and looks deceivingly large in promo pictures for this kit! The product works fine but its a bit of a rip-off.
Anastasia Brow Whiz in Dark Brown: Ah Man! This eyebrow pencil is too dark for my brows but I'm making it work by using it with a light hand. 
Stila Liquid Eyeliner: This stuff is my miracle eyeliner. I have yet to find something that works as well.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'Sin': This is a perfect all over lid shade that looks pretty on all skin tones!
Sugar Fresh Rose lippie: This stuff is such a pretty color and is so moisturizing!
Benefit They're Real Mascara: I personally don't understand the hype around this mascara but it's always nice to have a travel size of a mascara!
Chloe Perfume Rollerball: This perfume is unlike other perfumes I own so I'm happy to add this to my collection. It is a bit more musky and mature than scents I'm used to.
Here are some swatches of the colored items in this kit!
And the nail polish in this kit was my first experience with the Formula X brand polishes only found at Sephora. I really liked this polish's formula A LOT and would like to try some more from this brand!

Overall this kit is a great deal. There are some great products in here and the value is phenomenal (just the BB Cream and Blush is a couple dollars shy from paying for the whole thing!).
This kit would be a great gift for a makeup lover or you could even buy this kit and split up the items for a few girlfriends!

What do you think of Sephora's Superstars Kit?
xxSJ

2 comments:

  1. This box seems amazing! Great variety of products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! Definitely something to look into if you've been eyeing two or more products in this kit.

      Delete