Wednesday, May 6, 2015

NARS Audacious Lipsticks: Claudia and Brigitte

My sister completely spoiled me by giving me 2 of the NARS Audacious lipsticks as a present for receiving my white coat a couple weekends ago! These are the newest lip installments from NARS and they are amazing. 
The lippies come housed in a perfectly rectangular metal package with NARS subtly mattified on the bottom.  The container is magnetic so the cap stays securely attached and multiple lipsticks will also stay nice and lined up. I LOVE how neat and clean this packaging looks. Ultra modern and beautifully chic. 
The bullet is housed inside with NARS delicately stamped into the lipstick. This contains 0.14oz of product, which is a bit more than the standard bullet (MAC lipsticks have 0.1oz of product). 
The Audacious line includes all matte shades packed with vibrant pigmentation. The matte formula is surprisingly silky smooth making for easy application that keeps your lips looking soft and supple rather than dry and chapped.

Claudia is a cool pink that is super vibrant. Brigitte is a nude rose that leans slightly coral and is filled with warmth.
I love this pair of lipsticks that my sister picked out for me. These colors alone completely round out my Spring needs for lip color with a cool and a warm pink option.  These lipsticks wear for hours on end with out needing to reapply through eating and drinking and they don't feather around the edges. I noticed that Claudia does not reapply very well since the color tends to build up in an unflattering way. Its best to blot it off first with a tissue to even out the product and then reapply.
I chose to sport Claudia on my lips during my white coat ceremony to add a punch of color to my otherwise neutral outfit! It was perfect and I received a ton of compliments.

I have my eye on the color 'Anna' as my next big purchase, but at $32 a pop, I think I'll wait for a special occasion. These lipsticks have a hefty price tag but you receive some hefty results. Dramatic and bold color while being comfortable and fuss free? Count me in!

Check these colors out at Sephora here: Sephora Audacious lipsticks
Check out my post on NARS Juliette here!
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment