Monday, February 9, 2015

NARS Audacious Lipstick in 'Juliette'

audacious: adjective; showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks. 

NARS recently came out with their 'Audacious' line of lipsticks-- a line promising to be a 'modern lipstick that dresses up lips with bold coverage and ultrasoft texture.' With such high claims, I had to try this lippie out for myself! The color I tried is 'Juliette,' a  pinky coral color:
The bright lippie is housed in a super modern and sleek rectangular package. The NARS logo is both printed on the outside of the container in a matte black as well as lasered into the lipstick. The cap closes with a magnetic closure. The seal is strong so you won't have to worry about the cap slipping off in your purse.  This lipstick feels super weighty in your hands which I personally love. This lipstick is $32, so at such a high price point there better be some luxurious packaging!
The lipstick is a matte formula that is quite creamy on the skin. The color doesn't skip at all or apply patchily. On my hand, Juliette swatched as a warm coral with a lot of pink in it. On my lips, however, the color is very vibrant orange: 
natural lighting
This is why we try colors on in the store, people! This color was not what I was expecting it to look like (particularly because my sister wears this shade and it looks stunning on her!). The color certainly packs a punch and I found the wear time to be solid.  The matte formula was surprisingly comfortable (not moisturizing!) and the color was as NARS promised: bold! 
I do enjoy this lipstick and would like to pick out another color. I found it to be comfortable to wear and easy to work with, not to mention the packaging is so sleek and elegant!
The NARS Audacious lipsticks are $32 for 0.14oz of product and are an Allure best of beauty winner.

Check these lippies out at Sephora here!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment