Sunday, September 20, 2015

Review: Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous! Oil Free Foundation

After seeing this foundation reviewed favorably by MakeupbyTiffanyD on Youtube (one of my faves!), I thought I'd give it a shot. Since I have fickle skin that reacts poorly if you just look at it the wrong way, trying a new foundation is always kind of anxiety-inducing for me. Will this foundation totally break me out? Will it look like I have an inch of makeup on? Will it dry me out like a lizard??? Luckily for me, none of the above!!! 

This foundation is labeled as 'oil free' and 'fresh complexion' which was a huge draw.  I have combo skin so I worry about becoming too mattified and looking cakey or getting a dewy finish foundation that ends with me looking like I was just dipped in some crisco.  This foundation gets it perfect with being a medium coverage finish (freckles still peeking through while evening out my tone) and leaving my skin looking hydrated, glowy, and healthy. Here is my face with and with out the foundation (no other makeup!):
No makeup on (L); Covergirl foundation on (R)
As you can see, the foundation superbly evens out my skin but you can still see my natural tone and freckles (some may call them imperfections... I say they add character!) peeking through the coverage. This foundation wears really well all day and thus far I have worn it in mild Northern California, dry Lake Tahoe, and humid New York City with no complaints and nothing but comfortable skin. I'm wearing the foundation in this photo as well:
Overall, I'm pretty well pleased with this stuff. The price is a steal at about $7 for 1oz of product and you can find it any drugstore and even on Amazon! I can't speak to the color selection since my skin is pretty easy to color match (110 was perfect!), but there are 12 shades offered on Covergirl's website.  This particular foundation is one of the best reviewed of Covergirl's many different foundations!

Give this product a shot if you're looking for a light-weight, oil-free foundation that can stand up against heat and humidity. I'm very pleased and will definitely repurchase!

xxSJ

2 comments:

  1. After seeing this foundation reviewed favorably by MakeupbyTiffanyD on Youtube (one of my faves!), I thought I'd give it a shot. Since I have fickle skin that reacts poorly if you just look at it the wrong way, trying a new foundation is always kind of anxiety-inducing for me. Will this foundation totally break me out? Will it look like I have an inch of makeup on? Will it dry me out like a lizard??? Luckily for me, none of the above!!! pakistani lawn suits wholesale , pakistani original suits wholesale , pakistani suits wholesalers in pakistan , pakistani stitched suits wholesale , pakistani suits wholesale with price , online pakistani suits wholesale , wholesale pakistani dresses best summer collection 2020

    ReplyDelete