Thursday, September 3, 2015

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in 'Fig'

After falling in love with Bite Beauty's lipstick formula from using their dual ended mini lipsticks, I decided to get my hands on one of their full-sized lipsticks!

The packaging is sleek and modern. The design is seamless using a matte, rubbery gray material with the Bite logo printed on the bottom of the tube.  The lipsticks come in 4 different styles of cap which are supposed to look like the different ways lipsticks can get worn down! The style of cap on each lipstick is dependent on color family--reds, neutrals, pinks, and berries.  The brand sets itself apart by only using edible ingredients in their lipsticks and also includes an ingredient called resveratrol, a super antioxidant. Each tube contains as much resveratrol as 5 glasses of wine!

The color I chose is 'Fig,' a gorgeous nude rose.  
Fig is a super warm pink that has peach undertones making it very wearable for my complexion. I like that the color is a bit punchy and more noticeable then a nude lip but still a neutral and professional color. 
The lipsticks are very moisturizing and last quite a while on the lips. They do transfer while eating and drinking but I find they don't smear and instead fade naturally and evenly away. 
Bite Beauty lipsticks cost $24 for 0.15oz of product. To compare with some popular brands, MAC lipsticks are $17 for 0.1oz of product, Kat Von D lipsticks are $21 for 0.1oz of product, and Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks are $22 for 0.1oz of product.

I really like the way this product feels and wears on my lips. Given that I have such a huge problem with dryness and the appearance of my lips, I will probably be repurchasing from this brand in the future. 

Check it out on Sephora's website Here!

xxSJ
Review on the duo Fig/Date
Review on the duo Musk/Lychee

1 comment: