Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dior 5 Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in 'Grege'

Oh my goodness.  The Sephora 15% off Sale gave me the courage to finally buy a product that I've been lusting after for YEARS. It is the Dior 5 Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette and I just want to hold it and pet it and look at it... it is the most luxurious make up product I own to date and I thought I'd share my thoughts on this little beauty with you all:
Even the box the palette comes in is to die for... the glossy blue is GORGEOUS.
Dior gets an A+ for packaging. Within the box, the palette comes in a little velvet pouch with CD debossed into it. You know you have a luxurious product when it comes in a little pouch... it's kind of unnecessary--scratch that, it's COMPLETELY unnecessary, but I love it. Also if for some reason you're purchasing a super expensive makeup palette and you don't know how to use it, there is a small instruction booklet to give you ideas on how to wear the shadows.
Behold!! The shiny deep blue plastic casing is so soft and pretty I just want to die!!!
Press the button to open the compact up (love that there's a button closure so this guy won't be popping open in your makeup bag!), and there's a full mirror on the top of the compact. Perfect for on the go application or touch-ups.  The palette comes with 2 sponge tip applicators (really, Dior???) which I'll probably end up tossing when I get sick of them falling out every time I open this up. 
The palette color I chose was Grege. I wanted to pick a neutral palette with more subdued and muted tones that I could wear to work and then bump up a bit for night time dates. I thought the pretty hues would do the trick and these colors are a bit of a different group of colors for me to add to my collection. What a mature decision! I guess I'm growing up a bit, aren't I? The shadows themselves are so adorable with the stitched design printed on them and the CD in the center color. Bourgey.
Here are the colors swatched on my arm. I started in the upper left hand corner and went clockwise around the edges and then ended with the center color. These shadows are SO buttery to the touch and just melt on your skin.  The pigmentation is so wonderful and all the shadows are as deep and rich as I was hoping for. The only color that's a little lackluster for me is that white color... it wasn't quite as buttery as the other colors but highlighters aren't a big deal to me...I purchased this palette for the deep browns, not so much the white.  Most of these colors are pretty matte which I'm lovin' the matte look right now! The shimmery color in the middle is just so pretty...it's a gray-ish taupe and I'm so excited to rock this on the lid with one of the two deepest colors in my crease and the soft brown color as a transition shade. Seriously, so perfect.


This is my 'I'm in disbelief that I'm holding this in my hands!' selfie. No shame because I'm in love.

Imma be real with you right now and say that this palette was $60. That's a lot of money even with a 15% off coupon. I justify this purchase by saying the shadows are of an amazing quality and the luxury of the product justifies the price. Did I really need this? No. But I've been lusting after it for years and it was about time I added it to my collection instead of being my white whale makeup product. You best believe I will be referring to this palette as Moby Dick from now on.

What product have you been lusting after and would just DIE to have in your collection finally?
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment