Sunday, March 27, 2016

Burberry Eye Colour in 'Pale Barley'

Welp. It happened. I managed to get my hands on another makeup product I really have no business having. Burberry is a luxury brand of makeup with beautiful products with outrageous prices. I've been eyeing some of their products for a while and I was gifted one of the cult favorites from the brand: Burberry's 'Pale Barley' eyeshadow.
The shadow comes housed in this gorgeous linen colored box with old-fashioned type.
A velvet pouch with the infamous Burberry plaid houses the eyeshadow. When your products come in velvet pouches... you know you've reached luxury level. Its all completely unnecessary but so dang necessary all at once.
The shadow is in a super soft gunmetal square container. The container has some serious weight to it and has the Burberry plaid screened onto the top of the container.  'Burberry' is also screened onto the side the container opens.  The container opens and shuts via magnets so the compact is very sleek and smooth in appearance.
The container opens up to reveal the shadow inside. The Burberry plaid is stamped into the shadow and a full mirror (of very nice quality!) is included on the inside. A sponge tip applicator is included (meh) and 0.09oz of product is housed inside (larger than your average eyeshadow: Nars is 0.07oz, MAC is 0.04oz).
The color 'Pale Barley' is a golden taupe color that is the true goldilocks of neutrals. It is a cool leaning brown color with gold shimmer throughout making it a little bit almond colored, yet a little bit gray. This color almost looks a bit boring, and, to be honest, it kind of is...but, somehow in the best way possible. 
The majesty of this color resides in the fact that it is so effortlessly gorgeous on the lid. Its pigmentation is the perfect amount of color and shimmer while also being smooth to apply and blend. This silky shadow is a wet or dry formula, and though I have yet to test out this color wet, I am completely satisfied with its performance dry.
Above I'm wearing Urban Decay's 'Combust' in the crease and 'Pale Barley' all over the lid. That is IT for this really pretty and simple look. I'm a sucker for looks like these since in my profession, there is no need for smokey eyes or crazy colors during the week days. I want simple colors that will look pretty and professional and are easy to do quickly.

I have nothing bad to say about this eyeshadow other than the price. It is $29 for this bad boy. Granted, the packaging is superb and I can't say enough about the quality of the product, but that is A LOT for just one shadow. If you're thinking of trying this product out, I would say go for it if you have the money to spend. If you are like I was and lusting after this for months and months, maybe ask for it for a birthday or holiday so it can be something really special. I do think its worth it!

Check this eyeshadow out at Sephora HERE!

xxSJ

1 comment: