Sunday, March 6, 2016

Smashbox Try It Kit: Best Sellers

Smashbox is a brand that I think is a bit understated. With its practical, non-flashy packaging and makeup designed to be professional level, I'm not sure who exactly the target demographic is. I love the brand's photo op eyeshadow trios a ton and so was so excited to get my hands on the Smashbox Try It kit filled with the brand's bestsellers in miniature travel sizes:
The kit comes with a photo finish foundation primer, a full exposure mascara, a 24 hour photo finish foundation primer, and a photo op eyeshadow trio. 
The eyeshadow trio is in the color 'Filter,' which is the most neutral of Smashbox's trio selection.  It comes with 3 matte shadows in an ivory, a soft brown, and a deep brown. The packaging on this little trio is pretty neat with a swing out disc, but these shadows are REALLY TINY.
Here is the mini trio compared with one of Smashbox's full sized trios for size comparison. Despite the tiny size, the pan size is large enough to dip a brush into easily and the colors are enough for a complete eye look. 
L to R: Vanilla, Sable, Sumatra
Smashbox's eyeshadows are buttery smooth and blend easily to create seamless eye looks.  I really enjoyed the eyeshadow primer under the shadows and felt it was just as good as UD Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It has some slip to it which was the only thing I noticed as setting the Smashbox primer apart from other brands, but I didn't feel like it effected the way my shadows applied.
Using only eyeshados from the 'Filter' Trio
The mascara is concerning only because it isn't waterproof and my eyes get VERY watery through out the day leading to raccoon eyes up the wazoo. I've tried the foundation primer before and I do like it enough to use up the tube, however it doesn't change the way my foundation applies enough to warrant buying a full size tube of the product.

I like this product as a way to try out some hot items from a popular and, in my opinion, underrated makeup brand. It also was a way to get my hands on a travel size eyeshadow trio for a decent price. This kit costs $18 for $36 worth of product and is quite the steal in my opinion! 
Take a look at this product on Ulta's website Here!

I've reviewed some Smashbox products before!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment