Friday, March 25, 2016

Sample Round-Up! Clinique, Dr Brandt, Dry Bar, Urban Decay, and Cane + Austin!

Dry Bar Sake Bomb Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner
Price for full size: $9 for 1.7 oz
Sample Value: $2.43 for 0.46 oz foil packet
This foil packet was enough for one full use of the shampoo and conditioner. I loved this stuff A LOT! It smelled very rich and earthy, almost peppery, and reminded me of a hair salon. It left my hair feeling refreshed, full, and clean. The smell stayed on my hair for 2 full days. I would splurge on this if I felt like getting really nice shampoo or conditioner.

Cane+Austin Miracle Pad +
Price for full size: $88 for 60 pads
Sample Value: $1.47 for 1 pad
This wipe claims to be a facial treatment to even skin tone, reduce fine lines, wrinkles, pores, and age spots. It really just felt like I was wiping a cool wipe on my skin with out any of the 'tingling' the product claims may happen. The wipe also had a bit of a sour, offputting smell. I'm not interested in trying this product further.

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
Price for full size: $14 for 1 oz
Sample Value: $7 for 0.5 oz spray bottle
I don't really believe in Setting Sprays as of yet....this product claims to make your makeup last all day without breaking down or looking cakey. Maybe I don't have an issue with my makeup wearing away which is why I don't see a difference when using a setting spray, but I really don't see any sort of effect when using this product.

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
Price for full size: $26.50 for 0.5 oz
Sample Value: $5.30 for .1 oz tube
This eye cream was pretty hyped up during its recent release and I have to say... I don't really like it all that much. I apply it to under my eye in the morning and don't feel much of a difference after I do. It also leaves my undereye skin feeling slightly tacky which I don't like so much. I'm passing on this product in the future.

Dr. Brandt Pump Up the Volume 3-D Filler Mask
Price for full size: $95 for 1.7 oz
Sample Value: $0.56 for 0.1 oz foil packet
This mask I feel was more of a moisturizer. It was a thick cream that I slathered all over my screen (enough in the packet for 2 treatments!) and it felt immediately rejuvenating and hydrating to my parched skin.  This mask soaks into your skin and leaves it feeling ultra soft. I would definitely want to try this mask out again but I don't think I'm going to be splurging on a full size product any time soon.

Total sample value this week: $16.46

I enjoyed the variety of samples I tried out this week! The hits were the Dry Bar shampoo and conditioner and the Dr Brandt face mask. I definitely will keep my eyes peeled for future opportunities to try these products out.

xxSJ

1 comment: