Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows

Hi everyone! Today I'm doing a review of a drugstore product! L'Oreal Paris came out with eyeshadows that are to die for! The color selection is really varied and the packaging is very nice looking. When I saw these babies at CVS I knew I had to pick a couple up!
They're the L'Oreal Infallible 24 hour eyeshadows! I picked the colors Iced Latte (a shimmery light champagne color) and Amber Rush (an awesome cranberry bronze).  The packaging as you can see is so pretty.  Very clean looking clear plastic with the silver L'Oreal logo....LOVE.
The texture of these shadows is kind of interesting...they are almost sponge like? They are not quite a cream but not like a normal shadow at all either! I really can't think of anything I could compare them to! What's interesting about these is you can use a brush or your finger to apply to your lid and it looks just as good either way! The color deposits evenly and pigmented no matter if you use brush or finger tip :)

These are sooooooooooo pigmented too! The above swatch is one quick swipe of my pointer finger in the product and then on my inner arm.  They're EXTREMELY shimmery and reflective as you can see! If being glimmery isn't your thing then steer clear of these babies!
I have enjoyed doing a simple neutral eye with these shadows. Amber Rush washed all over my lid and then Iced Latte in the inner corner and under my brow bone creates a toned down but shimmery look.  Then I put a medium brown color in my crease for some definition. I was worried about mixing this product with other textured eyeshadows but they blended beautifully! I used MAC Soft Brown in my crease in the photo above and as  you can see, there's no issue with blending :)
These shadows also DO NOT CREASE! I was worried about that because of their almost cream gel like texture but nope...I used these with UD Primer Potion and not a crease the whole day!
I would definitely recommend these shadows! They are about $8 at CVS and I think especially if you catch them at a buy one get one 1/2 off sale they are worth well over the price you pay!

Hope this post was helpful! Have a beautiful day everyone :)
Keep smiling!
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment