Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: Sylark by Elle and Blair Lipgloss Duo

Hi everyone! Today I'm reviewing the Lipgloss duo by Elle and Blair's makeup line 'Skylark.'
I got the duo in the mail last week and I was so excited! I got mine for free from pre-ordering the novel, Beneath the Glitter. The color 'Ava' is a pretty bubblegum barbie pink and the color 'Sophia' is a deeper berry color. Here are the swatches on my hand:
The colors are VERY pigmented and apply thick and creamy.  As you can see comparing the color payoff to the packaging, what you see is what you get!  That swatch on my hand is a super quick swipe of the paddle brush applicator, so payoff is great.  The glosses also don't have much of a scent, perhaps a little bit sweet if anything. 
I tried the glosses on with nothing on my lips, just the glosses (no lipstick underneath).  The application was so smooth and I loved how pigmented these are! Even though they are gloss they definitely pack a color punch! The bubblegum pink color is SO cute and surprisingly wearable! The berry color is the perfect 'my lips but better' color for me so I knew I would love this from the start :)
Ava on my lips
Okay....if you care to know, the awkwardness behind this photo is as follows: I was trying to take a good picture of my lips so you could actually see how pretty and vivid this color was and the only way I could do that was to pucker out my lips like a fish. That was awkward so I thought to myself, hey, I'll pretend I'm blowing a kiss, that's cute.  Well, looking back on the picture I was like hmm...now I just look conceited and weird, not cute. So I added these star stickers and glasses to make the picture more fun AND it just looks more awkward. Oh well :)
Rockin Sophia on my lips!
And here I am sans kissy face and cat eye glasses with Sophia on my lips. Super pretty and fall inspired, I do declare!

Overall I love these glosses! I've been reaching for them everyday. The one drawback I have found is by the end of the day (they last for hours with no reapplication!!!) my lips get a little dry. This may just be because I don't apply any chapstick or more gloss to my lips because this gloss lasts so dang long! Haha. Correlation may not be causation...I don't know.

This duo is $30 and can be purchased from Blush.com.  I believe there are ways to get this at 20% off though right now! I do recommend these if you are looking for these colors to add to your collection:)

Would you rock these Skylark lipglosses?
xxSJ


1 comment:

  1. Wow these look amazing! I wish knew about this deal though :)

    ReplyDelete