Sunday, February 3, 2013

NOTD: Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple'

Is anyone feeling particularly 'blue' today? .....I hope not! I hope everyone is feeling all sunshine and daisies today :) Even if you're not feeling moody, I think it's always fun to rock a pretty blue on your nails as a nice color pop! It adds some brightness to any outfit. This blue by Essie is particularly pretty!
This color is called 'Mint Candy Apple' and it is a perfect robin's egg blue, or sky blue if you like that description better!
It is so creamy and opaque... one coat was nearly enough to achieve this perfect finish! I put two coats just to make sure, followed by a coat of seche vite top coat for extra shine.
The application of this polish was great--perfect consistency and easy to work with. And as I mentioned before, I didn't have to build this color up AT ALL to get it to be opaque which says a great deal for such a light color!

I know this color might be a little bit Spring-ish but the weather in LA has been gorgeous recently and made me forget that it was Winter time :)
Essie nail polish is one of my favorite brands and can be purchased at drug stores, Target, and Ulta for about $8 for 0.5 fl oz of product.

Would you rock this blue on your nails??
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment