Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sample Round-Up! Hourglass, Ole Henriksen, Sunday Riley, Soap & Glory, bliss, and Altchek MD

Altchek MD DePuff Eye Pads
Price for full size: $20 for 10 treatments
Sample Value: $2 for one treatment
I wore these eye pads for 30 minutes as the instructions indicated. They were definitely cooling to my under eye area, however, one side of the pad was very sticky and held on to my skin in such a way that it gave me a bit of a headache. I could feel the pads on my undereyes with every eye or facial movement and I felt them tugging on my skin. Perhaps they would be more comfortable if you wore them while taking a nap. I would pass on these.

Ole Henriksen Foaming Milk Cleanser
Price for full size: $26 for 6.7 oz
Sample Value: $.19 for 0.05 oz foil packet
This white cleanser lathered up nicely on my skin and felt pretty moisturizing after removing. I felt it did a good job of cleaning my skin of any left over residue or dirt and it smelled quite herbal. This packet was only enough for one use so my feelings are not strong one way or another about this product.

Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Rejuvenating Super-Serum
Price for full size: $25 for 1 oz
Sample Value: $2.50 for 0.1 oz foil packet
This stuff had a very strange, jelly like texture that made it feel very odd to rub into your skin. I didn't feel very moisturized after using it and I found it pilled up on my skin rather than rubbing in all the way. It did smell pleasantly like grapefruit, but unfortunately that was the only redeeming quality.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Price for full size: $52 for 1 oz
Sample Value: $8.32 for .16 oz vial
This ultra luxurious face primer by Hourglass I find to be a little difficult to work with but with amazing results if you can get the application right. This thick white cream feels really nice applied to the skin as it is less oily feeling than other primers on the market. It is not as moisturizing as the MUFE primer.  I find that if you apply too much of this product, your makeup tends to sit on your skin rather than blending in nicely and leaves you with a bit of a caked look by the end of the day. If you get just the right amount of product, though, it makes your skin look absolutely flawless and blending turns into a dream. I recommend sampling this product to see if it works for you!

Sunday Riley Start Over Active Eye Cream
Price for full size: $75 for 0.68 oz
Sample Value: $7.61 for .068 oz foil packet
This eye cream had a gel like consistency to it and was a bit thinner than eye creams I've used in the past. I did enjoy the moisturizing effects it offered, however I found that this thin product managed to travel up to my eyes and caused them to burn all 3 times I used it! I'm passing on this product in the future.

bliss Grapefruit Aloe Body Butter
Price for full size: $29 for 6.7 oz
Sample Value: $4.33 for 1 oz tube
I've been loving using this body butter as a hand cream to heal my chapped hands in this cold, Winter weather. The scent is quite strong but really pleasant (as long as you like grapefruit!) and I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin!

Total value of samples: $24.95

This week's samples were overall not as exciting to me as last week's. I loved the body butter from bliss and the Hourglass primer is a great product when you know how to use it...otherwise, I had some misses this week. Oh well! That's the purpose for trying out different products--to see what works!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment