Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sample Round-Up! Laura Mercier, Peter Thomas Roth, First Aid Beauty, Origins, and Boscia!

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 'Radiance'
Full size: $20 / 1 oz
Sample Value: $1.40 for 0.07oz foil packet (3 uses)
This primer was a peachy nude color with some iridescence to it. I thought I would like this under my foundation as a subtle glow but I didn't actually notice its effects. I noticed this also made my foundation ball up and rub off around my hairline and temples by the end of the day. I'm passing on this in future samples and as a future purchase.

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
Full size: $52 / 5 oz
Sample Value: $10.40 for 1 oz tube (1 months worth)
This green gel was rather intimidating in the tube but once applied to my face it was ultra moisturizing and cooling. This week has been particularly cold in NYC so I used this face mask to cool my wind burned skin, particularly my nose and chin.  It was intensely hydrating and corrected my facial flakiness within the 10 minutes I had it on. It rinsed off easily with a splash of water. I recommend trying this product out.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Full size: $30 / 6 oz
Sample Value: $0.30 for 0.06 oz foil packet (4 uses)
This cream felt so wonderful on my skin.  It made my skin silky smooth and immediately corrected dry patches on my chin and nose. My skin sucked this stuff up so fast but the after effects lingered for the whole day leaving my skin moisturized and perfect looking all day! It smells wonderful too. I highly recommend this product based on this sample.

Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream
Full size: $30 / 0.5 oz
Sample Value: $10.20 for .17 oz tube (1 months worth)
I have tried this pearly peach eye cream before and have loved it in the past. I love this small sample just as much.  This little eye cream adds brightness to your undereye and immediately de-puffs leaving a hydrated and awake looking eye area. I really enjoy this product and would recommend snatching up a sample whenever available since this stuff is pricey!

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
Full size: $28 / 5 oz
Sample Value: $5.60 for 1 oz container (1 months worth)
Though I found this cleanser to be a bit drying for my skin, it worked wonders in calming down a stress and hormone-related breakout on my chin and jaw line.  I immediately felt a difference after lathering this product on to my skin in the shower (it starts as a slippery gel but lathers up quickly to a gentle foam) and I definitely recommend trying this product out!

Total value for 5 samples: $27.90
Not bad, am I right?
4 out of the 5 samples this week were incredibly enjoyable for me to try out and 3 of them (the FAB moisturizer, the Origins eye cream, and the Boscia cleanser) were must-trys in my opinion!

Remember to try your samples out instead of forgetting about them or throwing them away! You just might find a new favorite buried within the foil packet gold mine ;)

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment