Saturday, September 14, 2013

NOTD: Essie's 'Berry Naughty'

Today's nail of the day is a color I haven't worn in awhile because I distinctly remember disliking it last time I wore it! It is Essie's 'Berry Naughty,' and I am SO glad I revisited this color!
2 coats, natural lighting
   This color is a beautiful berry color that looks blood red under certain lighting. Blood Red or Crimson is such a hot color for fall! To me, this color looks very similar to one of my favorite OPI colors, Mulaga Wine.  I'm so happy I found a dupe for Mulaga Wine because I hit that color hard last Fall so I'm in need of a replacement.
    The application of this polish is the reason why I didn't like it for so long...for such a deep color, this polish is pretty thin therefore hard to control while painting.  You have to use a very light hand to avoid spreading this on too thick. With some attention and focus, however, this polish turns out quite lovely!

The wear time of this polish was standard for Essie which, for me, is about 2 days of chip free polish.
If you're looking for a vampy, sexy, berry nail color, then check this out! You won't be disappointed :)
Essie is sold at drugstores, Target, and Ulta for $8 a bottle (0.5 fl oz.).

xxSJ



No comments:

Post a Comment