Friday, September 27, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Lush Lash Mascara

In an Urban Decay order I received a deluxe sized sample of their Lush Lash Mascara so I thought I'd give it a go! I'm generally a non-believer in high-end mascaras HOWEVER, I must admit that I haven't ever tried a non-drugstore mascara! How dare I form ignorant opinions! So I thought I'd take this deluxe-sized opportunity to try out a more expensive mascara option:
Behold the pretty purple packaging. Purple is my fave so I'm a sucker for all things Urban Decay.

This packaging feels soooo luxurious. Even though this tube is teeny (about the size of a MAC lipstick), it had some weight to it because the casing feels to be made out of tin or aluminum.  As you can see the brush has plastic spindles which I generally love because they help comb through your lashes as you apply your mascara. I was a bit unsure of the shape of the brush, however, because of its hourglass shape.

Top: No mascara, Bottom: Two coats mascara
Ahhhhh! My beautiful before and after shots. As you can see between the two pictures, Mascara can make a world of difference! To be quite honest though, I feel that I get very similar results to this mascara as I do from my Maybelline Rocket mascara. My lashes do look quite pretty, but I don't think its worth the $20 price tag to purchase the full size.
Perhaps this product is more about the ingredients though rather than the look of the lashes. This product is apparently a lash growing serum, so maybe if I wear this for days on end I'll notice some length? We'll see... but I'm generally a non-believer in lash growth serums (non-believer in high end mascaras, non believer in lash growth.... what a pessimist I am!!). 

I also noticed that while I was wearing this mascara, my upper and lower lashes kind of stuck together a bit whenever I blinked. Very annoying! 

I will be finishing up this deluxe sample for sure however I will not be purchasing this product in full size. I prefer some of my other cheaper mascaras!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment