Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Finishing Powder

Today's review is a very inexpensive finishing powder from the drugstore: Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder. I was running low on my NARS powder foundation and needed to pick up a new
powder to keep my face shine-free all day long.  Though I love my NARS powder foundation, the $45 price tag is a bit hefty, so I decided to try a drug-store alternative to combat the impending hole in my wallet.  After hearing solid things about Rimmel's $3 powder, I thought I'd give it a go.
I purchased the color Creamy Natural with my fingers crossed that it would be a color match for me. That's the downside of purchasing drugstore products-- you can't swatch and color match in store (unless you're naughty and open the product anyway....shhhhhh I won't tell!). 
The packaging of this product isn't so great. The clear plastic top comes off of the product pretty easily so I wouldn't ever travel with this product as I would be afraid of spills! I don't mind though because for $3, I'm certainly not paying for luxurious packaging. 
Right off the bat I was very impressed with how finely milled this powder is. I was pleased that a fair amount of this product was picked up by my powder brush and how evenly I could distribute this product on my skin. 
I got a full days wear from this finishing powder. It truly kept my face matte through out the day even while on my feet all day at work. No cakey build-up though!
The only negative I have to say about this product is that it has a perfume scent to it. I was worried this might irritate my skin but it doesn't and I can only smell it upon application.  The scent wears off immediately after application. 
Overall I like this powder a lot and will repurchase it when I run out. It doesn't have as many luxurious ingredients in it as my NARS powder, nor does it feel quite so luxurious on my skin, but for $3 it gets the job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment