Friday, December 27, 2013

NOTD: Essie 'Shearling Darling'

Today's nail of the day is my favorite kind of color to wear in the winter time: a creamy dark red or purple toned polish. Today's color of choice is Essie's 'Shearling Darling:'

This super dark creamy shade is GORGEOUS on the nails in the winter and applies so rich and pretty.  It's kind of a burgundy-brownish-red-purply color.  It's ambiguity is something I like about it, actually! Is it brown? Is it red? Is it purple? I don't know...but its pretty!
This color applies pretty thick and opaque in only 1 coat but I generally paint two thin coats for good measure. Don't want to peek at your mani under bright lights and notice some transparent spots!
Here's another photo with less glare on the nails so you can see how deep and dark this color is:
Dark like a vampire's nails! Look out, I might bite ya!
This polish was actually a gift to me from my friend Sara (thanks SaFo!) and I think she picked out a truly lovely color for me! Definitely a current favorite of mine :)

Essie nail polishes can be purchased at Ulta and some drugstores for about $8 a bottle (0.5 fl oz).
I recommend this color for its rich opacity and lengthy wear time.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment