Saturday, December 7, 2013

Review: Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in 'Multi-Flash'

Today's review is of an eyeshadow trio from Smashbox. This eyeshadow is the first eyeshadow I've ever owned or played with by Smashbox so I was so excited to dig in! I purchased the neutral toned trio 'Multi-Flash' with the hopes of being able to get a lot of wear out of the colors and to be able to wear this shadow to work.
The product comes in a black matte cardboard box similar to MAC packaging.
The circular packaging is in a rubberized black plastic container similar to the feel of NARS products. The packaging is very sleek and easy to open and shuts all the way, nice and firm. Don't have to worry about this guy opening up on its own! I love how sleek this container looks and how big the window is to see the colors inside.
As you can see, this is a pink toned neutral trio with a matte light pink, a satiny rosey pink color, and a satiny taupe color.  The colors are all buttery soft to the touch and a brush will pick up a ton of product when you dip it in!
Swatchy Swatch!! As you can see, these colors are quite pigmented and show up true to what is in the pan.  These colors are so smooth and silky to the touch and when applied which is amazing for blending purposes. I did notice, however, that the colors almost blended too well together. The rose colored and taupe color very easily blend together in a way that it kind of makes them indistinguishable from one another. Careful not to blend too much for that reason! Also the light pink is an okay highlight color, but it is VERY muted so will not add much brightness to a look.
Overall, this trio is great for me to use at work since the colors are so muted. I can wear a bit of color and achieve a nice looking eyeshadow look (which I have received compliments on!) and remain understated and classy at my job.  I am interested in picking up trios in darker colors to see how those colors compare to the neutral hues in this trio.
Smashbox eyeshadow trios retail for $28 and can be found at Ulta, Sephora, department stores, and on smashbox.com.

Worth the price? I think so. With the phenomenal packaging and buttery soft, easy to blend formula of the shadows, I think I will get a ton of use out of this product and am looking forward to trying more!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment