Monday, December 16, 2013

Review: Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in 'Fair' 010

Today's review is of a powder I completely used up and decided to repurchase. Products I repurchase are deemed worthy, so I decided to do a review of this compact. It is Revlon's Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in the color 010, Fair:

 The packaging is pretty nice. It's a clean, white, glossy plastic with a window to see the color.  FYI, when you pick this color out at a drugstore, the color is true to appearance through the window.
Inside the compact there is a little puff for application (I throw these guys away.... they're cute but literally do nothing as far as applying product), and a mirror on the upper side of the lid, opposite the puff container.  The little mirror is kind of nice, I suppose, but I would prefer if this packaging was a bit more minimalistic and came sans the puff and mirror and was simply the circular powder. It would make this powder far more compact (HA! a 'compact' compact! Imagine that...) and portable. Speaking of portability, the compact snaps close and has no problem with remaining closed. You can definitely transport this guy with out concern of it opening and spilling onto your things.
This powder is super finely milled and very soft to the touch.  It is a 'creamier' powder, rather than chalky.  There is a decent range of colors offered by this line, but this is the lightest one.  Unfortunately I don't think this color would work on those alabaster-skinned girls out there!
A little dip into the product with my fingers and there you have it! A brush picks up plenty of this product (since it is so finely milled) and it presses evenly onto the skin.  No chalky application, and no cakey build up. Awesome!!  Even for the winter months when I prefer a heavier foundation and coverage, this is the powder I reach for.  It still doesn't beat my NARS powder foundation, but as far as drugstore powders are concerned, this one takes the cake!

This powder is 8g or 0.28oz of product for anywhere between $6 and $10 depending on the store and sales you are shopping.  I give this powder an A for amazing quality, so check it out if you're on the lookout for a superb finishing powder :)

xxSJ




No comments:

Post a Comment