Tuesday, December 3, 2013

NOTD: OPI 'It's My Year'

Today's nail of the day is from the 2011 Miss Universe Collection for OPI. It is the color 'It's My Year:'
This color is a dark shiny purple with a lot of gold reflects in it.  Application of this polish was super easy as it was quite opaque in only two thin coats and the polish had a nice consistency making it easy to control and spread. The color shows up a bit lighter on your fingers than it does in the bottle which took me a bit by surprise. Three coats would have probably looked a bit nicer.

The wear time of this polish was okay. It started chipping on day two but wasn't easily chipped off once the chipping started. Some of this stuff was really stuck on my nails!! That tends to happen with glittery polishes like this, but I wish it all would have stuck so well rather than some of it chip right off within 36 hours! Overall, I'm feeling impartial toward this polish. I may wear it again but am also not itching to paint it on my fingers anytime soon.  If you're looking for a purple and gold color though, this will do the trick for you!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment