Saturday, November 15, 2014

How to Wear Mint: Using NARS Habanera Eyeshadow duo

I received this NARS eyeshadow duo in the color 'Habanera' awhile ago as a gift and it has been taunting me from my makeup drawer ever since! With out a doubt this is my prettiest eyeshadow I own... just look at that mint green! And who would have thought that purple would compliment it so beautifully?? Today I decided to go for it and attempt to make a wearable look using the mint green shadow as the focus. 
Here's the result: 
I used a light nude color (MUG Beaches & Cream) and buffed it into my crease up to my brow bone. Then I used MAC's Soft Brown to further deepen the crease area. These two colors work great as transition colors and make blending SO easy.
Then it was time for the mint! I packed that gorgeous color all over my lid up to my crease. I made sure the color was nice and opaque across my lid. Finally I used the purple color in the duo and very carefully tapped that color into my crease. I did this last step slowly adding layer by layer to make sure it didn't get muddy!
Overall I love the way this look turned out! I think this look is multi-seasonal since you can play up the pastels or iciness of the mint or you can deepen it up further with the rich purple.

Color can be scary but there's usually a way to rock it with out being too 'out there.'  Just work with what you've got and be confident!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment