Saturday, November 1, 2014

Review: Nars Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow 'Europa'

Soooooo I may or may not have treated myself. Whatcha gonna do about it? Armed with a Sephora Friends and Family 20% off discount, I bravely went on the Sephora website with a limited wallet size and Christmas shopping in mind. I decided to get a little something for myself after all was said and done since I haven't bought any makeup in ***gasp*** about 2 months. I decided to try out NARS' new dual-intensity eyeshadows.
These single eyeshadows are $29 a pop which is pretty steep for a single eyeshadow... you get 1.5g of product which is a bit more than your standard pot but still... this stuff ain't cheap! The packaging is well worth the steep price tag as the shadow comes packaged in a beautifully perfect square with magnetic closure and the NARS logo emblazoned boldly on the top. For size comparison's sake, here is the shadow next to an eyeshadow duo:
It's so little I could just die!!! These shadows are sleek and compact which allows me to give the packaging a deserved A+. Now for the color, I selected 'Europa,' which is a 'gossamer pink-peach.' The color in the pan is truly beautiful as you can see some peach and even purple holographic reflects. The design stamped into the shadow is also quite lovely!
Also, NARS gets a million points for adding the world's tiniest mirror to this compact! Just look at it!!!!
Swatched on my hand you can see that this shadow is indeed pink and has a pretty satiny finish to it. The shadow applies pretty pigmented and opaque when dry but applies with extra shimmer and metallic sheen when applied wet (hence the 'dual-intensity' name!). 
Overall I'm extremely pleased with this eyeshadow and have been wearing it quite frequently to create neutral eye looks incorporating pink onto the lid rather than a boring beige or soft brown color. The only thing stopping me from examining some other colors in this collection is the steep price tag. I would say splurge on this makeup item! Swatch some colors in store and find one that speaks to you! It's always fun to have an extra special makeup product lying around that makes you feel extra special when you wear it!
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment