Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Beauty Blender: Why you need one now!

The Beauty Blender Sponge has taken the makeup world by storm! This little pink egg shaped sponge has caused quite a ruckus and it really begs the question: why? What is so magnificent about a plain ol' makeup sponge? Let me tell you a little somethin' about our friend bb:
Look at this cute lil guy! This bright pink sponge is a dense domed and pointed sponge that feels very firm straight out of its container. The magic of this sponge is when  you wet it! Running it under some water and squeezing out the excess makes the sponge blow up to twice the size and makes it feel like a little cloud in your hand!
Here's the size difference when you wet it. It's pretty neat! This soft little sponge makes applying foundation a breeze and blending your concealer in even breezier.
I like to either put product on the back of my hand and use the beauty blender to dab it all over my face and blend using dabbing and patting motions (don't sweep or rub the blender on your skin because then it will just pull product around instead of pushing it into your skin!). I've noticed a huge change in how my concealer looks by using this sponge to blend! It melts the product into my skin and the pointed tip makes getting into small areas around my nose and under my eyes so easy. It also absorbs any extra product (since its wet) so you aren't left looking cakey.  You can also use the blender and dip it right into setting powder to set your under eye area. So multi-purpose!

Since this product is a sponge, it will absorb some of your foundation and get dirty in a hurry. You can clean it right up with some regular old dish soap and it will look good as new. You can also purchase the Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid which Sephora sells for $16:
This is basically a little bar of soap inside of a plastic dish so you can take it with you while traveling and keep it sanitary. It also is great for makeup brushes and has become my favorite new method of cleaning! If you're still worried about germs or bacteria getting inside your Beauty Blender, plenty of people have cut open their little sponges to see if there is foundation or product built up inside and, surprise, surprise, there's none!  Only seek out pictures of cut up beauty blenders if you're okay with disturbing images... seeing someone take scissors to this expensive little guy can be a little shocking...
Sephora sells the Beauty Blender for $19.95 and it comes in different colors now if the pink doesn't tickle your fancy. I know $20 seems rather spendy for just a sponge, but I think this sponge has improved the appearance of my makeup by a lot and has replaced my need for other brushes! It is completely worth it in my opinion!

So if you're like me and feel this way about the Beauty Blender:

Go get yourself one HERE!

Happy Blending!
xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment