Friday, February 6, 2015

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Hourglass has taken the beauty world by storm with their beautiful finishing powders that are supposed to mimic the look of skin in different lighting. At $45 a pop, these powders come at a steep price, so when Hourglass released this palette including three of their Ambient lighting powders (one of which is a palette exclusive), it was a quick hit! 
The packaging of this palette is outstanding. The three powders come in this brown reflective plastic packaging. It is incredibly sleek and soft to the touch. I also appreciate the whole palette is dipped in some sort of coating so the Hourglass brand written in gold on the top won't rub off the packaging after use.
Preeeeeeeetty. 
The powders inside are 3.3g each and seem to be very securely adhered to the packaging. There is a large mirror on the inside cover of the palette. The powders are Talc free and have no fragrance to them.
The colors included are 'Dim light,' which is the all over face powder I was most excited for, 'Incandescent light' which is the palette exclusive, and 'Radiant light' which is a deeper bronze shade.  Hourglass describes these as all over face powders to create a soft focus effect mimicking the light of whatever powder name you're using (ie use Dim light, your skin will appear as it does in Dim lighting).
The powders are so finely milled that they feel silky smooth to the touch yet they don't kick up a ton of excess powder when you dip your powder brush into them.  Dim light is my favorite shade in the palette because it goes well with my skin tone and I can use it as an all over face powder. Incandescent light is a very light color that I've been using to highlight my nose, chin, and cheekbones. It creates a beautiful yet understated finish. Radiant Light shows up quite dark on my skin and I think it will have its turn in the Summer when having that exaggerated of a glow will make a little more sense than it does now in Winter.  I can see the difference in the appearance of my skin immediately when I put these powders on. The glowy, soft-focus effect this product touts is the real deal. 
I am so happy to have gotten my hands on this palette. I've been using it daily since Christmas and I have yet to make any sort of dent in any of the colors so I'm hoping it will last a good while! I appreciate the range of colors Hourglass included (all over face powder, a highlighter, and a bronzer) and think this product is a definite hit. This palette is $58 for 3, 3.3g powders. As far as price per gram, this is NOT a better deal than buying a $45 powder on its own, so don't purchase this palette thinking you've hit the jackpot as far as value. However, having 3 different powders to play with is a huge selling point as it gives you more freedom for only $13 more.

I love this palette and I think I will be interested in buying 'Dim light' on its own when I run out of that shade. Check out the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette HERE! if you're interested! No need to rush... this palette was so popular when they first released it that Hourglass has made this product permanent.

xxSJ

2 comments: