Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tutorial Try-It: MakeupbyTiffanyD's 'Sexy Shimmer Date Night' look!

Tiffany D is one of my favorite youtubers because she does makeup looks that seem a little more achievable than your average beauty guru. She keeps it real with the highlighting and contouring and does tutorials creating looks that are actually wearable for an everyday woman! She posted this tutorial for a 'Sexy Shimmer Date Night' look yesterday that already has 33,000+ views. I chose to recreate this look because she uses shadows exclusively from the Naked2 palette which I actually own!
The products Tiffany used for this look were:
Naked2 palette (Foxy, Bootycall, Tease, Verve, Chopper, Busted, and Blackout)
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in Dark Brown (I used the color Black)
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (I used CoverGirl Clump Crusher
Ardell Whispies False Eyelashes (I didn't use fake lashes!)
The Naked2 palette! Filled with cool toned taupes and grays!
Here is the look I came up with after following Tiffany's tutorial:
 Overall I love the way this look turned out! The shimmer on the lids was definitely noticeable but it wasn't as bold as a metallic shadow pressed all over the lid. I also love her idea to mute the silver shade Verve by packing the pinky beige shade Chopper all over it. As Tiffany says in her video, it keeps you from looking like a robot!
Even with out the false eyelashes I think this look has some impact and drama. I love it for a date night and I could easily add false eyelashes to glam it up in no time. I also like that she didn't add any eyeliner to the lower lash line but instead smudged the plummy color Busted along the lower lash line for a smoked out effect.
As far as creating wearable looks that still hit the mark on drama and intensity, Tiffany nails it! Check out her video tutorial where she shows how to create this shimmery look and where my screengrabs are from! It's only 6 minutes long!!
Hope you liked this Tutorial Try-It!
Check out my other ones!
Allison Anderson's Sweater Weather look
Jaclyn Hill's Bombshell Look

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment