Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tutorial Try-It: Allison Anderson's 'Sweater Weather' Tutorial

I adore Allison Anderson (formerly known as Amarixe) on Youtube because I feel like she is one of the beauty gurus who still keeps it real. This girl is the queen of eyeshadow tutorials and I feel she is severely underrated. I decided to attempt her 'Sweater Weather' tutorial, coming in at 142,500 views. Here is the look I was going for: 
I love watching Allison because we have very similar complexions so I feel like I have a shot at reproducing her makeup looks. The main thing in the way is those eyes! This girl has the biggest and roundest eyes to work with and unfortunately mine are itty bitty!
Here is the list of products Allison used to create this look and in parentheses are the substitutions I had to make if I didn't have the product:

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP - (Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink)

MAC Eyeshadows in Naked Lunch, Soft Brown, Sable, Sketch, Shroom, and Dazzlelight -(I substituted Naked 3's Liar for Sable. They are nearly perfect dupes)

MAC Fluidline in Dark Diversion- (Stila Smudgestick in Deep Burgundy)

Sigma Extended Wear Eyeliner in Boost - (Lorac Black eyeliner)

Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara - (Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara)

MAC Blush in Gingerly - (MAC Peaches blush mixed with the Body Shop Honey Bronzer)

Jouer Lipstick in Olivia - (Bite Beauty lipsticks in Musk and Lychee)


Here is the look I came up with!
This tutorial was extremely easy to follow along with and I found the look I was able to achieve was really close to Allison's example!
I can't quite capture the same lighting as Allison Anderson (she has studio lighting and a far nicer camera than my iPhone 5!) but I can assure you that this look turned out as it should have, deep burgundy eyeliner and all!

Time: 7 minutes
Difficulty of tutorial: 2/10
Likelihood to wear this look: 10/10
Similarity to Tutorial Example: 9/10 
Availability of Products needed: 8/10
Clarity of Instructions in Video: 10/10
Overall grade: A

This was a fantastic makeup look using some MAC eyeshadows I haven't reached for in a while! I love it for its simplicity and Allison's clear instructions make this tutorial a win that I think anyone can achieve as long as they can find comparable colors. 
If you want to try this look out yourself, watch Allison's video! It's only 4 minutes long. The screenshots from this post were taken from there: 
xxSJ

Check out my other Tutorial Try-Its!

No comments:

Post a Comment