Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder

The Body Shop is a brand I've never shopped from before but have heard a ton about. I've heard particularly great things about their Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder so I decided to try it out. 
The packaging is a brown plastic compact with the logo in gold on top. The logo rubs off really fast and this packaging broke really quickly for me. More on that later...
The bronzing powder inside has a honeycomb pattern reflecting the honey used in the formula. The powder isn't particularly smooth or soft to the touch, but it does apply smoothly with out any chalkiness. One of the main selling points for this bronzer that many rave about and initially attracted me to it is how light it is. This bronzer is great for light skinned girls because of its soft color and muted tone. I find the color really pleasant on days I'm wearing minimal makeup. 
The lightness of this color makes it great for beginners. I gave this bronzer to my sister since she's never worn bronzer before and I find the formula to be quite fool-proof. 

This product is $20 and you can purchase it off the Body Shop website Here.

Now for the bad: this product's packaging broke within a month of me using it. The hinge of the compact completely broke off making the lid not stay on the bronzer reliably. This means that I could not take the bronzer anywhere with me in fear that it would open and crack the powder or get all over everything in my makeup bag or purse. I also found myself not wanting to grab for it over my other bronzers since I found the lid now very annoying to carefully line up and take on and off rather than simply flip the compact open. I contacted The Body Shop explaining my disappointment in their product outlining my issues with the broken packaging I listed above. I wholeheartedly believe that when a customer goes out of their way to contact a company about a legitimate issue with their product (in this case the flimsy packaging affecting my use of it), the company should do right by the customer. I think the Body Shop should have offered me a refund for the product, sent me a new one (as I did say I enjoyed the product), or given me a credit toward their store. Instead, the Body Shop simply responded with 'sorry, we'll tell our product team about your complaint so maybe they can improve the packaging.' Now, let it be clear that I'm not looking for hand outs. I'm someone that doesn't do a lot of returns or exchanges on makeup because I know how wasteful it can be and there are some people out there who take advantage of the system. However, I appreciate companies that take care of their customers and own up to faulty products. I take care of my makeup and there is no reason the compact should have broke. To make the powder usable and not at risk for breaking, I had to purchase a Z-palette and depot the bronzer to use it. I will not be purchasing products from the Body Shop again since I don't think they have the integrity to stand behind their product. 

The Body Shop has officially lost a customer for life. I think the bronzer itself is a fine product, however I can't give my money to a brand that doesn't respect me as a customer. 

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment