Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in 'Headshot'

When Ulta sends out their ever so elusive 20% off entire purchase including prestige brands it is time to stock up! I knew I wanted to try more of Smashbox's Photo Op Eyeshadow trios so I snatched up another one in the color 'Headshot:'

I LOVE the packaging for these little trios. The matte black rubberized packaging looks so sleek and modern and the little clear plastic window allows for you to see which colors are inside. I love how tiny this little compact is as well:
It fits in the palm of my hand and I have midget hands so you know that's pretty tiny! The smallness of this compact means there's no mirror on the inside. I don't mind as I rarely use mirrors inside compacts anyhow.
I chose the trio 'Headshot' because I've been wanting to wear more pinks on my eyes and I thought this trio had a perfect pink look all in one convenient place. The upper left color is called 'Linen' and is a mostly matte satiny white with subtle sheen. The upper right pink color is called 'Golden Orchid' and is a gorgeously muted soft pink with golden and peach reflects in it. The lower dark brown color is called 'Chestnut' and it is a purpley, burgundy brown color.
These colors look so beautiful together and these Smashbox trios don't cease to impress and excite me with how darn good they are! Seriously these shadows are not only so beautiful in color, but they are so buttery soft that it makes blending them a dream.  Since blending them really is SO easy, be careful to have a light hand while blending as to not blend your color away or create a bit of a muddy mess!

Smashbox trios are priced at $28 which I think is a fair price considering the professional quality of the shadow.  These shadows are very easy to use and I can recommend them to everyone from beginners to experts.

xxSJ


No comments:

Post a Comment