Sunday, September 28, 2014

Life On a Budget and a Boyfriend Pick! NYC Individual Eyes for Green Eyes Quad

In a lovely care package Lucas sent me, he included this little eyeshadow quad! It is an NYC IndividualEyes quad formulated for Green Eyes. I've never used NYC eyeshadow before so I thought I'd give this quad a try!
The quad has a little plastic sheet inside giving you an idea about what each product and color should be used for. I think it's interesting that this product includes a cream primer and cream illuminator! If they work well then it could make this quad very well-rounded and useful!
This pallet includes purple shades to compliment green eyes. I was surprised that the texture of each shadow was quite buttery and smooth, particularly the deep berry toned shade. The light purple shade was the least pigmented swatched but ended up applying very nicely to my eyelid. 
All the shades have a bit of a satin finish.  They definitely aren't matte but not quite glittery either. I actually really like this finish for colorful shadows since it makes them appear a bit more smooth and allows them to blend together easily.  

When I applied these to my own eye, I used my finger to apply the primer all over my lid and then the illuminator under my eyebrow and inner corner.  I then used the lightest shadow on my brow bone and inner corner. I packed the light purple all over my lid, worked the berry color into my crease, and then deepened my outer corner with the dark purple. I also brought the dark purple under my lower lash line.
 I found the primer in this palette to be a bit hard to use and felt that it caused the shadows to go on a bit patchy. I would prefer to use my Urban Decay Primer Potion instead of it. The colors surprisingly had minimal fall out even when I was packing them on and I found them to be quite pigmented! The colors all go very well with one another and made my eyes look REALLY green!
I think the look I created with this palette turned out quite pretty and it is definitely something I would wear out at night.  It also totally inspires me with Halloween time so quickly approaching! This look would be so great if you wanted to go as Maleficent, Jessica Rabbit, Sleeping Beauty, a purple fairy, or Ursula the Sea Witch! Hey, villains can be hot and sassy too!


Finding colorful eyeshadows from the drugstore that work well is so clutch! This palette only costs $4.99 which is far cheaper than buying the comparable colors from MAC or Sephora to achieve the same look.  I prefer to find my colorful shades at drugstore prices since I'm not as likely to wear this type of look as often.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment