Monday, September 15, 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows Review! And a little extra Z-Palette action...

I have recently been eyeing many a MAC eyeshadow to add to my matte neutrals collection, but before I made the big splurge, I watched a Youtube video in which Makeup Geek Eyeshadows were being absolutely raved about. Upon further investigation, I found that these eyeshadow pans are half the price of a MAC shadow at only $5.99 a pop and have very inexpensive shipping within the states. I thought I'd give them a shot!  They come packaged in a little cardboard slip, completely safe from dents or chips.
The colors I got were 'Cocoa Bear,' a red-toned warm dark brown; 'Creme Brulee,' a medium soft brown color; and 'Beaches & Cream,' a milky peach color. All of these colors were silky and buttery soft to the touch and swatched with awesome pigmentation. 
What I love most about these colors is how warm they are! They work beautifully together as a trio but will also work wonderfully to warm up other eye looks either in the crease or as a transition color.  The colors will work especially well as we transition into the Fall season!
I also bought a Z-Palette from Amazon to put these new shadows in and they fit like a dream! Z-Palettes are a really convenient way to mix and match your shadows and potted products to create your dream palette for everyday use or for travel.
The bottom of the Z-Palette is magnetized and the palette comes with magnetic stickers to put on the bottom of shadows you de-pot on your own.  Makeup Geek Eyeshadows come already magnetized, however, so they're ready to be popped right in!
I used only these three shadows to create an eye look displaying how warm these colors show up on the lid. They're simply gorgeous and they blend like a dream! I packed Beaches & Cream all over my lid, buffed Creme Brulee into my crease, then used Cocoa Bear to deepen up my outer corner.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my experience with these eyeshadows.  The shipping was fast and cheap, the prices were inexpensive given the quality of the product, and the shadows were everything I was expecting and then some! Now comes the hard part...resisting the urge to go on the Makeup Geek Website and buy every single one of those shadows!!! We'll see how long I last until you see another post with new colors I've purchased....let's be real, I probably won't resist that hard.
You can check out the Makeup Geek shadows here: http://www.makeupgeek.com/
xxSJ

1 comment: