Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mally Eyeshadow Stick 'Rosy Taupe'

Mally Beauty is a brand that has interested me from afar for quite some time.  This brand was created by Mally Roncal, a makeup artist who has beautified the likes of Beyonce, Heidi Klum, and Angelina Jolie and who believes in creating multi-purpose and easy to use products so us normal people who don't have a makeup artist putting on our face everyday can feel beautiful, too.  I'm all for brands created by people who know what they're doing and are still more or less run by a single person. They seem to hold a bit more integrity than brands that have spread a bit too far and turned into global corporations looking to shell out as many cheaply made products as possible for the mucho big bucks.  Mally, though 9-years-old, still seems personal.  I was lucky enough to be given an Evercolor shadow stick in the color 'Rosy Taupe' by my mom to try out!  
This is one of Mally's best selling items and I can definitely see why. It's just simply a fantastic product.  It comes in a pen like packaging with a cap you pull off to reveal the shadow stick.  The packaging is an easy twist-up which means no sharpening required! The packaging is a thin plastic and it feels a bit cheap which is my only complaint about this product. It would be nice if the product had a bit more weight to it.
The color is exactly as it self-describes, a taupey color with a purpley, rosy hue to it.  It looks pretty dark on my hand, but when applied to the eye it comes off as far lighter and pinker. This is one of those colors that I call a lazy day color.  Instead of using multiple eyeshadows to create a dimensional eye look, you can slap one color on your lid and blend it all the way through your crease and call it a day! The reflective quality somehow creates a beautiful depth to your eye that makes it look like you used multiple colors to achieve the look.
Here's my eye with just Rosy Taupe applied all over the lid and blended out with my finger. No other eyeshadows were used in this look! The product is smooth and easy to blend making it a winner in my book.  It also lasted the whole day with out creasing.

This Evercolor Eye Shadow Stick is $25. I think the price is fair given that this is a pigmented, well done product that should last quite a while. I believe in the Mally Beauty brand and hope that it spreads to Sephora and department stores! Right now I can only find it at Ulta and online at their website: http://www.mallybeauty.com/.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment