Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Costume is My Face! Split Face Makeup

Symmetry is beauty, so that means this costume look is beautiful, right??? Well, not according to anyone I showed this to because this creeped people out!! Here's how I pulled off this split face makeup look:
I used my BH cosmetics 88 color palette, a red lipliner, a black liquid liner and my NYX Jumbo eyeshadow pencil. 
First I started by drawing the outline of the split with the red lipliner. I chose to go with this symmetrical cone shape down my whole face. Then I filled in and blended with my fingers. I went over the lipliner with red eyeshadow from my 88 color palette. All the shadows in this palette have shimmer in them which I think works to make this look shiny and wet like blood would look. I also added some purple and black in some areas for dimension. I used my NYX Shadow pencil in Milk to outline the red split lightly to make it stand out for. Then I used my black liquid eyeliner to draw some circles up my the sides of the split, parallel to each other. Then I 'laced' the liner up my face. I added some brown smokiness to my eyemakeup and some red lipstick to glamorize this otherwise creepy look!
Overall I love the way this look turned out. I think it turned out realistic and creepy yet still quite glamorous and pretty looking! From start to finish this look took me about 30 minutes, mostly because doing the lines lacing up my face needed to be done with a steady hand to look nice and neat.

Feel free to use this for an easy costume on Halloween using some simple makeup you might already have in your stash!

xxSJ

Check out my other posts from this Halloween makeup series!
Owl
Shattered Doll
Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment