Sunday, October 5, 2014

Review: Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner in 'Blackest Black'

 Today's review is of a new liquid eyeliner I've been trying out. I was tired of getting gold flecks all over my face from the packaging of my L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense eyeliner, and I wasn't quite ready to shell out $20 for Stila's felt tip eyeliner pen. I decided to go with Maybelline's contribution to the eyeliner game which is the Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner.
The black and silver packaging is really pretty looking and quite sleek for a drugstore product.
 The precision tip the product touts is not as precise as I would like. Similar to the L'Oreal Lineur Intense (my review here!), the applicator ends in a rounded tip rather than a pointed tip like the Stila eyeliner pen I love so much. It makes creating a cat eye or wing slightly less precise so I prefer to use this liner for simple lined eyes.
I do really like the formula of the eyeliner itself, however, which makes this eyeliner pen an everyday item for me.  The black color is very inky and remains shiny through out the day which I think is prettier and daintier than a matte black liner look. This liner is also smudge free for a whole 24 hours. See this eyeliner on me here!

I prefer this liner over the L'Oreal Lineur Intense because I find the color to be a bit more inky and the packaging will not fleck off on me in the future like the gold packaging on the L'Oreal product is now.

This liner will set you back about $7 and I do think it is worth the small dent in your wallet. Other than the slightly less than precise tip, the formulation is great and worry free through out the day.

Unfortunately this is another fail in my adventure trying to find the perfect dupe for the Stila Liquid Eyeliner pen I love ever so much. This item falls just short!

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment